UNDERSTANDING SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN
With the increase in both parents working outside the home during the last two decades, infants and toddlers are spending more time together in infant/toddler programs and family child-care homes. From Biting to Hugging will give you effective strategies to help you take advantage of this peer time.
• Enhance the quality of peer experiences in infant/toddler group settings
• Create responsive adult-child relationships and environments
• Encourage positive social emotional development and learning
• Teach infants and toddlers how to be in healthy, enjoyable relationships
• Learn strategies for gently handling challenging behaviors