Our Core Values
Your information on our service belongs to you.
- We will help you to control your information.
- We will tell you what we do with your information.
- We will never spam you or abuse your information.
- What Personally Identifiable Information is collected from You, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to You regarding the use of Your information;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Scope of Policy
“Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- Your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- Your PTA account username and password
- Your credit card information
- Any account-preference information You provide us
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where Your computer is located on the Internet
- Session data for Your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to Yours while You are logged in
What We Do With Your Personally Identifiable Information
It is always up to you whether to disclose Personally Identifiable Information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any materials, products, or services.
If you do provide Personally Identifiable Information to us, either directly or through a seller or other business partner, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without Your permission - although unless You opt out (see below), We may use Your contact information to provide You with information We believe You need to know or may find useful, such as news about our services, materials, and products, modifications to our Terms of Service, scheduled maintenance, network downtime, and any other communication deemed relevant to the continuance of our services;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of PTA, its users, or others; this may include exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
When We May Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share aggregate, non-identifying user information with partner companies when a user has requested a service, material or product that uses the services of an outside company (for example, domain names). The information given will only be that which is necessary to implement the service or product requested.
PTA may also collect certain technical and routing information including traffic patterns, IP addresses, browser types, operating systems and CPU speed. This information is gathered to facilitate the use of our website and enhance service delivery
Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties that help us provide our services or provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments, administer surveys, or run promotions. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United States, or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Online Advertisements. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information about individual customers with advertisers. We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our users that we collect through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. In some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements.
Customer Surveys. We may share customer information obtained from customer surveys within PTA and our corporate family, and with trusted third parties to develop or provide products and services that We believe would be of interest to our users.
Law Enforcement and Special Cases. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about users upon a valid request by government or law officials as We, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including without limitation subpoenas), to protect Your property and rights, or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to stop activity that we consider illegal or unethical.
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, We will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove your personal data in our records. In most cases, this can be achieved by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opt Out. By default, users will receive invoices, any system updates, PTA’s newsletters and other mailings. Users are able to opt out of newsletters and mailings by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email or as otherwise provided in the communication. Please note that users may not opt out of receiving important system notifications or emails about their accounts.
Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post on public areas of our website becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from our community forums or testimonials, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know why we are unable to do so.
How We Protect Your Personally Identifiable Information
PTA employs well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your personally identifiable information. However, we cannot control all the users and activities on our website and elsewhere, and therefore we cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
Information Collected From Children
You must be at least 13 years old to use PTA’s website(s) and service(s). PTA does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
U.S. Based Service
Our center of operation is in Virginia, USA. Your personally identifiable information therefore is held in the United States and transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers within the United States. As such, all information is held in accordance with United States laws and procedures which differ from those in other countries. By using our services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies.
Questions or Comments?