THE COACHING PARTNERSHIP
Create Unstoppable Teams through Collaborative Coaching!
When teachers, coaches, mentors, and administrators successfully work together in a collaborative coaching partnership, everyone's effectiveness increases-and student achievement grows. The Coaching Partnership provides educators with a unique perspective and approach to instructional coaching centered on mutual and reciprocal accountability for continuous improvement. This essential resource provides the guidance and tools educators need to implement a coaching partnership system in their schools and achieve their ultimate goal: improved student learning outcomes.
Drawing on their extensive experience and years of research, the authors identify all the necessary components for a successful coaching partnership, and show teachers, coaches, mentors, and administrators how to:
• Optimize coaching partnerships with clearly defined processes and roles
• Foster a culture of generative thinking to encourage learning, inquiry, and lasting change
• Build trust to create successful collaborative, equitable relationships
• Use frameworks to implement an evidence-based approach to coaching
• Leverage academic language and adult communication strategies as drivers of success
• Commit to an effective coaching system that makes improved performance last
In addition to clear and effective strategies, each chapter contains real-life vignettes from the field, coaching-in-action videos, ideas for productive partnerships, reflective practice questions, and helpful definitions. Plus, a Coaching System Planning Tool will help each member of the coaching team reflect, collaborate, and take purposeful, immediate action-all with the goal of creating a learning environment where students thrive.
Grounded in research, this accessible guide offers a practical and systematic approach for creating a vital coaching culture at any school!